Tasbuilt are proud to support Red Nose Day!
SIDS and Kids is a non-for-profit organisation that was started by Kaarene Fitzgerald after the death of her son to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) in 1977, at a time when not much was known about SIDS. Kaarene worked tirelessly to increase understanding among the public and to develop programs to help affected families.
Today, SIDS and Kids is dedicated to saving the lives of babies and children during pregnancy, birth, infancy and childhood, as well as supporting bereaved families.
Its work includes:
- Advocating for and funding research into stillbirth and other areas of sudden and unexpected child death
- Ensuring the ‘Sleep Safe, My Baby’ health promotion program is evidence-based and up-to-date
- Providing bereavement support and counselling to families who have experienced stillbirth or the sudden and unexpected death of a child
- Providing safe sleeping resources for the community
- Maintaining ASK Online, a national library service and valuable source of information surrounding SIDS and kids.