- DO know your space: Every small room comes with unique challenges when it comes to your space, nobody knows what those are better than you.
- DON’T push all furniture against the walls: Moving furniture to the centre of the room ups the cosy factor & makes carrying on a conversation easier.
- DO use solids: Large plans of solid colour gives you the freedom to use pattern in smaller splashes without going overboard.
- DON’T be afraid to put your bed in front of a window: Placing your bed in front of a window can create a super strong focal point.
- DON’T overdress windows: Bare windows create a clean look that shows off the architecture and opens up the spaces.
The general rule of thumb in smaller rooms: the simple the better.