Building in Flood hazard areas

If your home is being constructed in a known flood prone area, council may require a flood report to ensure the building and its inhabitants will not be at risk in the case of a flood.  The usual requirement that floor level should be a minimum of 300mm above the 1:100 year flood level.

This may mean elevating the home to ensure the floor height complies, or moving the building o an alternative location on the site

A flood report also assesses whether the building will restrict the flow of water in the case of a flood, and whether the building foundations are adequate to sustain the impact of flood waters flowing under the building.

Flood preparedness