If your home is in close proximity to salt water, particularly if there is rolling surf,additional corrosion treatment may be required.
This may include:
- Enclosing the subfloor to protect the exposed steelwork
- Hot dip galvanising of steel piers and beams
- Lining of steel joists under floor
- Use of ‘class 4’ or marine grade fasteners, or stainless steel screws where possible
- Upgrading of colorbond roof components to a heavier grade or stainless steel
If you think you may require some of these features, please discuss it with your Tasbuilt Homes consultant and we will include it in your new home proposal.