Build the Australian Family Dream - in 6 easy steps. Builders in St Helens, Swansea, Bicheno and across Tasmania
1. Choosing the home
Have a look over our range of plans to get some ideas.
If you find one you like, great! If not, we can build a custom solution for you.
If you’d like something unique, give us an overall idea of the home you want, from our range of plans or a design of your own. Include relevant details such as bedrooms, bathrooms, size of living area, and so on. Tell us the style, the roof design, and cladding type you envisage for your new home. Add any major details such as verandas, carports and garages.
With these details, we will produce a comprehensive estimate.
Tasbuilt offers a free site inspection of your property. This allows you to discuss any options and issues such as slope, aspect, service connections etc. We also invite you to spend some time with a consultant at our office, drawing up your plans and ideas.
Once you are happy, we will compile an all-inclusive obligation-free proposal. We advise that at this stage you complete any finance arrangements to ensure that there is no unnecessary delays in the construction of your home.
2. Getting Started
Now you are ready to take the preliminary steps. Tasbuilt’s comprehensive starter package offers the following features:
Exterior décor choice
Choose the colour of your roof, cladding, trims, windows and so on. We can provide a range of professionally selected colour schemes or an appointment with a consultant to assist you with this process.
From your chosen design, plans and specifications are produced to be submitted to your local council. Soil and wind tests will be carried out on your property. We handle all this, so don't worry. For more details on what this step covers, see our Council Approval Page.
3. Contract Stage
A contract tailored to your home is drawn up, to be signed by both parties. This:
- states the contract price
- sets out the payment plan
- confirms your finance details
Once the contract is signed, and the initial deposit paid, we will apply to your local council for approval for your new home. The approval process usually takes between 4-6 weeks.
Do you need finance?
Tasbuilt Homes now offers finance with NAB, B&E, ANZ, and Tassie Home Loans.
Find out more about our easy Tasbuilt Homes finance options.
4. Colour and Decor Selection
Enjoy creating the perfect look and feel for your home, using one of our diverse, professionally selected ranges. Our standard allowance covers most selections.
Such as the colour of your walls, ceilings, timberwork, cupboard doors, bench tops, and splash backs. You can also select your curtains, floor coverings, and light fittings, depending on your chosen package.
Should you request something above the allowance, we will advise you of any extra cost.
5. The Construction ProcessNow it all becomes reality, and once it starts it moves quickly. During this stage you are welcome to visit at any time and view your home. After the home is delivered to your site, the finishing details are added and the services are connected. Lastly, the home is cleaned for your convenience.
6. The Final Step!It’s over to you. Once all the works are complete, a final inspection will be made by your local council. One of our staff will then meet you at your new home to guide you through and familiarize you with any relevant details, before handing over your keys, certificate of ownership, insurance and warranty information, and after sales service details.